The Self-Sufficient Life and How to Live It, and decided I would try to skin the fish, since that seemed like the easiest option. After boning, skinning, and gutting it, I dredged its remains in flour, salt, and pepper, and lightly sauteed it in butter. I added a bit more butter to the hot pan and a squeeze of lemon and made a simplified mueniere. It was great. The fish was very tender and of course didn't taste fishy at all. My son and husband proudly sampled our reward from the hours of trying to find the right fishing spot.
I can't wait to try again next week.
4 lbs. sweet potatoes
1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
1⁄2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 eggs, beaten
3⁄4 cup roasted salted cashews
1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
3 tbsp. flour
2 cups mini marshmallows
2. Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Peel potatoes; pass them through a food mill into a bowl. Whisk in evaporated milk, sugar, 4 tbsp. of the butter, vanilla extract, salt, allspice, and eggs. Transfer to a 2-qt. oval baking dish.
3. In a food processor, pulse together cashews, brown sugar, flour, and remaining 2 tbsp. of butter until coarsely ground. Crumble cashew mixture over half of casserole; top other half with marshmallows. Bake until marshmallows are golden brown, about 30 minutes.
SERVES 8 – 10
For my son's 6th birthday party, we threw a Mario Party. We made invitations, cut from a template I made from toadstool napkins. ...
Lately, my four-year-old has been giving me fits. He won't eat his food and he tries to snack all day long. All conversations end octave...
So, I was looking through one of my recipe books the other day, and I came across a recipe for braided danish coffee cake. It looked pretty ...
This recipe is a labor of love. I say that because it has come about over several years of trying, testing, tweaking, and changing. This is ...
We did the baby shower for my sister-in-law, Brenda. She is carrying the first granddaughter my parents will have, so of course there is ...
- ► 2012 (61)
- ▼ August (7)
My Blog List
My Favorite Reads
- Bride & Groom First and Forever Cookbook
- Deceptively Delicious
- Giada's Kitchen New Italian Favorites
- Martha Stewart's Cooking School
- Martha Stewart's Hors D'Oeuvres Handbook
- The Art & Soul of Baking
- The Bon Appetit Cookbook
- The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The New Classics
- Williams-Sonoma Cooking at Home