Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Oreo Chocolate-Chip Cookie Brownie

I wrote about half of a blog post yesterday. I am not sure how much longer I can do this eating healthy thing.... my husband and I were going for six weeks but I really miss baking, cooking, making chocolate chip pancakes and trying new desserts. I keep trying to tell myself I am gearing up for fall, and this is the perfect time to eat light anyway. Don't get me wrong, I like eating healthy, but I just don't like being this restricted. I usually eat fairly healthy, with a sprinkling of rich desserts and pastries. On that note, here is a recipe from my mom...she loves to taunt me with these recipes.
Oreo Chocolate-Chip Cookie Brownie
Another day….another dessert! I have a real hard time passing up an idea for a new yummy dessert! I was online the other day…minding my own business…not even LOOKING for any recipes. I was actually looking for ideas for my first granddaughters baby shower! Then up scrolls this pic… A 9x13” dish with the ingredients in the pan and these words below: “cookie dough then an Oreo then brownie mix on top.” There were no other instructions, like temperature and time in oven. No exact amounts! (I’m kind-of weird about that…I get real nervous when I have to ‘wing-it’) But I guess they figured if I’m serious enough..I’ll find a way!...and I did!
I bought a roll of pre-made cookie dough, a package of Oreos and a bagged brownie mix. The mixes both required a 350* oven…
1 package Oreos
1 prepared package brownie mix for an 8x8 pan
1 roll chocolate chip cookie dough
I decided to do individual desserts instead of a 9x13 pan because I was concerned the Oreos wouldn’t cut up very neatly when time to serve. So I used a muffin/cupcake pan and lined each with a paper baking cup.
I read on the cookie dough package that it was supposed to make 16 cookies, so I peeled off the entire plastic covering, leaving the cookie dough in a tube shape, cut the dough tube into four equal sections. Each section was then cut into four equal parts. I rolled them up just for ease of placing them in the paper cups and gently pushed them down to form the bottom ‘crust’. Each ball was approximately 1/8 cup, if you decide to make homemade cookie dough.
Next just place an Oreo into each cup, pressing it into place. Cover with 1/8 cup prepared brownie mix. (You may want to use slightly less if you don’t want them oozing over the top.)
Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 12 to 15 minutes. The edges will be firm, but the centers may still seem slightly gooey looking. Cool and eat. ENJOY!

1 comment:

Popular Posts

RECOMMEND US!!