Thursday, June 16, 2011

A little corny

The recipe I'm writing today is actually on my blog right now. It's in the On the Table, seasonal fruits and veggies section, but I wanted it in the eternal archives.
When my husband and I were first married, I had a copy of Cooking Light magazine. I ran across this recipe, and, as usual, over time the recipe has been altered and changed until it reached the recipe that it is today. It's just an easy topping for corn that is very festive and different. I haven't met anybody who didn't like it, and its just the thing to perk up your summer bbq.
The variations are endless, and even if you're not grilling, you can make this in the oven or just boil the corn and add the topping.

Corn with Citrus Butter
Basic recipe
Grill corn in the husk for about 15 minutes on medium heat, or boil corn on the cob for about 8 minutes (5-10)
Melt 1/2 stick butter, add juice from one lime, 1/2 lemon, salt and pepper, 1/2 teasp. cayenne pepper

Variation 1
add a handful of chopped cilantro

Variation 2
add 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Variation 3
add about 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced jalapenos to the butter before you melt it

Variation 4
double the lime juice, skip the lemon juice, and add cumin, paprika and cilantro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

RECOMMEND US!!