Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Anniversary

So, this month marks my one year anniversary of having a blog! I know, many of you out there have had blogs for years, but I feel like it is quite an accomplishment. My first blog post was actually on January 19th. I think it took me the whole month just to design my blog. I wasn't really sure what to do.
You know how on anniversaries, you look back at the last year and reflect on things you can do better, etc. Well, I was looking through my posts, and as I was reminiscing, I noticed something.
Not one post about beef. Strange. We eat beef all the time. Not as much as chicken, but we have it at least once a week. I guess it's just because beef isn't that interesting. I usually just make hamburgers, or meatballs, or maybe beef burgundy, broccoli beef or tacos. Nothing too crazy or too interesting. I always make steak for Father's Day, Valentine's Day, and any other time my husband can talk me into it.
I thought it was time to start posting some beef recipes. The first one that came into my mind was beef stroganoff. We all love it around here, and it is an easy recipe that you can make with just a few items you usually have on hand. I have made it with ground beef or small beef stew pieces. It's great either way. We love it with green beans, carrots, broccoli, or garlic bread, and even the boys will eat several bowls of it.

Laurel's Beef Stroganoff

1 lb egg noodles (I like No Yolks Extra Wide)
1/2 onion, chopped finely
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb button mushrooms, thinly sliced (you can leave them out if you don't like mushrooms)
1 cup beef stock with 4 Tablespoons flour whisked in
2 teaspoons beef bouillon
1/2 cup sour cream
salt and pepper
chopped parsley for garnish

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain noodles and return to pot.
Meanwhile, saute onion with a little bit of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until soft. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about five minutes, then add the mushrooms. Once beef is completely cooked (no pink) add the beef stock and flour. If the mixture thickens too much, add a little more beef stock. Heat almost until boiling, then add the beef bouillon and sour cream.
Season with additional salt and pepper.
Combine sauce and noodles, and add chopped parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

RECOMMEND US!!