Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon

I asked my husband what I should write about, since nothing was coming to mind. He suggested several things that I have already done, then mentioned this salad that we enjoyed with our Sunday afternoon meal.
I realized I had never posted this recipe, and when I was preparing it I had difficulty remembering what I had done, therefore, I needed to write it out.
This is delicious, beautiful to look at, and a cinch to prepare. All you need are a few ingredients and you can have a restaurant-quality salad at home.

Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon and Balsamic

2 Bunches spinach (2-3 cups), washed and dried
3 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped
1/3 cup finely sliced red onion
1/3 cup dried cranberries, or fresh berries

Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup bacon grease
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 Tablespoons blackberry jam (or any other jam you have)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Heat the bacon grease in a large saucepan. While it is melting, put the spinach in a large bowl. Whisk in the remaining ingredients for the vinaigrette. Taste and adjust seasoning and acid, if necessary (you might need to add a little more vinegar or sugar, depending on the brand). Whisk until it emulsifies. Pour over the spinach and toss with tongs. Top with bacon, red onion and cranberries.
Goat cheese, cherries, and pecans are also delicious additions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

RECOMMEND US!!