Friday, November 26, 2010

Take In- Chicken Crisper Tacos

When our first son was very young he looooovvveed eating at Chili's. He loved their chips and salsa, and I think just the experience of eating there. Since we lived in a pretty small town, our eating out options were pretty much Chili's or...that other place that's open all night. We won't speak their name here. Anyway, back to Chili's.
A couple of years ago (maybe one...don't really remember) they started selling this Honey-Chipotle dipping sauce. Well, actually, they sold this chicken, that came with Honey-Chipotle dipping sauce. You notice I write the name of this sauce like a proper name, because it is. It deserves it. This sauce is pretty awesome. It's very spicy and very sweet, just the way that I like sauces. I dress up BBQ sauce I buy from the store, adding lots of spice and lots of sweet. So my husband basically fell in love with this sauce. He asks for several little cups of it every time we go. He drowns his chicken tacos in it, and eats it with his fries. I believe it has replaced Frank's Red Hot, the sauce that used to find its way on top of everything from pizza to fried fish to spaghetti (weird, I know).
After I made a few replica recipes, like this and this, he asked me if I thought I could make this Honey-Chipotle dipping sauce. So I tried. It wasn't quite right, so I left it.
Then, I had a brilliant idea.
I looked it up on the Internet! I found a recipe for it while we were on vacation and sent it to myself as an email. I made it when I got home, but it just wasn't quite right. It had too much honey flavor and a little too much spice. I thought about it a little more, and tweaked it again. This time, it was just about a perfect replica!
Try it, and see if you like it!

Honey-Chipotle Dipping Sauce

1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup ketchup
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon chipotle powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Bring ingredients to a boil. Serve immediately.
Makes a little more than a cup.

To make Chicken Crisper tacos, warm some flour tortillas, and place fried chicken strips, cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato inside shell. Drizzle with Honey-Chipotle dipping sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

RECOMMEND US!!