Thursday, July 1, 2010

Eat Here-Picazzo's

On our recent trip to Sedona, Arizona, we ate at a lovely little restaurant called Picazzo's. The full name is actually Picazzo's Organic Italian Kitchen. The main thrust of the restaurant is, obviously, organic, but you also have gluten free options.
We had a late lunch so we just planned to have some dessert, but the aroma of freshly baked pizza overwhelmed us and we decided to split a small one. We had the classic, it was topped with organic pesto, ricotta, mozzarella and Italian sausage.
After just a few minutes our pizza arrived. The crust was thick and chewy, reminiscent of fresh baked french bread. The pesto was absolutely delicious, and we made short work of the pizza. The service was very good, although they were a bit busy, especially for a Tuesday night, so we did not see our waitress as much as I would have liked.
I was really in the mood for chocolate (weird, huh) so we ordered a gluten-free brownie, topped with organic vanilla bean ice cream. It was alright, but it really reminded me of diet food and I am not a big fan of diet food. Don't get me wrong, I would eat there again and I probably will the next time we travel out here. I give the place four stars out of four. The food was good, it was not expensive, the pizza we split was fifteen dollars and for about twenty-five we had a decent meal. That is comparable to Chilis, who is not organic, gluten free or local. By a long shot.
I say, bravo, Picazzo's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

RECOMMEND US!!